Wall plugs and fixings offer a sturdy, reliable way to install or attach equipment, shelving, cabinetry, brackets, awnings, and any other type of professional or DIY project to interior and exterior surfaces.
The range we offer covers use in brickwork, stone, cement, plasterboard, and cavity walls or ceilings.
What types of wall plugs, anchors and fixings are available?
- Masonry plugs, anchors and fixings are for use in brick, stone, cement and block walls, and cover a wide range of fixing/fastener types such as expansion anchor bolts, wall plugs and concrete screws. Heavy-duty features may include galvanised or corrosion-resistant coatings, anti-rotation fins, and hardened steel tapping threads.
- Cavity fixing kits are used in cavity walls and ceilings. They can include bolts, anchors, screws, plugs and inserts, all designed for secure fastening to interior vertical/horizontal surface materials like plasterboard and hardboard.
- Chemical fixings are also referred to as chemical anchors, and provide high-strength, heavy-duty anchorage for (predominantly exterior) surfaces such as masonry and concrete. A fast-cure resin adhesive is inserted into drilled holes, then a steel bolt or anchor is driven into place prior to curing.
- Frame fixings can be used in concrete, hollow block, masonry, brick, metal or wood, and they aim to provide a more rigid anchor via a long, heavy-duty cross recess screw which sits in an expanding nylon wall plug (also known as a Rawl plug). Theyre especially suited to mounting UPVC door and window frames.
- Masonry fixing kits typically contain numerous hammer-in or drill-driven components and fasteners for a range of surfaces, including stone and plasterboard. They combine multiple types of screws, anchors, Rawl plugs and nails in a handy storage box, perfect for applications like thermal insulation support, conduit clips, skirting boards and trunking.
- Plasterboard/cavity anchors and fixings include hollow wall plugs, plasterboard ceiling anchors, and wall-mount spring toggles for gripping behind surfaces. Heavier-duty metal versions are ideal for radiators and handrails, while plastic anchors are suitable for most light fittings, paintings and noticeboards.
Our selection of plug, anchor and cavity fixing installation tools
also includes a range of hole cutters, hole brushes, drop-in anchor setting punches, blow-out pumps and under-cutting tools.