Stainless steel is the preferred choice across a great many construction and installation applications, but its especially prized in the food, laundry and chemical industries. You can buy stainless steel in a wide range of useful formats, shapes and sizes - much like any of the other versatile sheet and tube metals we have available, including aluminium
What types of stainless steel products do you offer online?
- Stainless steel sheets - in various thicknesses and tensile strengths, for both construction and design applications.
- Stainless steel tubes - a range of inner and outer diameters, thicknesses, hardness and thermal conductivity ratings.
- Stainless steel angles - L-shaped angles for bracketing, support, cagework, finishing and door/worktop trim.
- Stainless steel rods and bars - rectangular bars, square bars and round rods in a range of densities and strengths; ideal for food, laundry, process, chemical, marine and automotive uses.
What are the key properties of stainless steel?
- Higher corrosion resistance
- High strength and hardness (including hot strength)
- High cryogenic toughness
- High ductility
- Attractive and low-maintenance
What are the different grades of stainless steel?
- Austenitic stainless steels (200 and 300 series) - non-magnetic, high corrosion resistance, moderate strength
- Ferritic stainless steels (400 series) - magnetic, lower corrosion resistance, higher resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Martensitic stainless steels (400 and 500 series) - magnetic, higher strength, moderate corrosion resistance
- Precipitation Hardening Grade Stainless Steels (PH types) - high hot strength and corrosion resistance
- Duplex stainless steels (various, usually starting with S3) - high strength and corrosion resistance